Friday 30 January 2015

Well-rested Johnson available for tri-series final


                                          undefined
A rejuvenated Mitchell Johnson is likely to spearhead the Australian attack on Sunday.
Out of action for a month, Mitchell Johnson has fully recovered in time for Australia's tri-series final on Sunday. According to a report in the Australian Sport, Johnson, who sustained a hamstring injury prior to the Boxing Day Test against India in Sydney last year, believes his body has got a much-required break following a non-stop 2014 which included four Test series.
"I needed a fair bit of a rest," Johnson said. "I think it'd probably been a big 12 months personally, but for all the bowlers as well. The UAE was quite tough. We bowled a lot of overs there and then coming into Australia the wickets were a little bit flatter than we expected. There were a lot of runs scored through the Test series. The body now is fully recovered and ready to go."
Johnson's timely recovery also means he will get to participate in Australia's warm-up games ahead of their World Cup opener against England on February 14. The 33-year-old displayed a fiery spell of bowling against Aaron Finch in the nets at the WACA on Thursday, suggesting that he was fit and raring to go. "I'm feeling pretty good," he told the daily. I'm feeling rested. I don't have any soreness there anymore, so I'm feeling pretty good."
Johson, who slowed down a bit in the latter half of the previous year due to overwork, asserted that he will regain speed on his return to action. "Another game's just started, so we're getting prepared to play either side," Johnson said. "I'm really looking forward to playing on a nice wicket. It's a big match to come into, but I'm as prepared as I can be. I've played a fair bit of one-day cricket now and I know what to expect."

No comments:

Post a Comment