Sunday 4 January 2015

Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Malik disappointed with Pakistan selectors


Kamran Akmal has jumped to the defense of his brother, Umar. 
Pakistan's discarded wicket-keeper batsman, Kamran Akmal, is miffed with the selection process that led to him getting dropped from the national side. Akmal was not alone in his lament as Shoaib Malik expressed similar sentiments on the sidelines of Pakistan's domestic one-day cup.
"I don't want to comment on our chances in the World Cup until I am selected. But honestly speaking, I myself still don't know why they discarded me all of a sudden after the T20 WC. I was not even considered good enough to the make the pool of 40 players, which was very disappointing," Kamran said.
"I don't want to go into the past, but I would just say the management and authorities must give more confidence to the players - seniors and juniors. If a player knows he is wanted and supported he will perform and give his best. In recent times, some decisions have baffled me and others as well," said Malik.
Kamran was more vocal about the goings-on in Pakistan cricket and even took a shot at the man who replaced him behind the stumps, Sarfraz Ahmed.
"No doubt Sarfaraz batted very well in the recent matches, but as a keeper if I had made the mistakes he made behind the stumps you guys would have torn me to pieces," Kamran said.
Kamran also expressed his disappointment at the criticism leveled against his brother, Umar Akmal and jumped to his defense.
"It is not fair to compare the performances or progress of Umar with India's Virat Kohli. I just want to say bear in mind Umar, for most part of his career, has been asked to bat at number seven or six, and if Kohli was also asked to do the same, I would like to see how he would have progressed," said Kamran.

No comments:

Post a Comment