Tuesday 23 December 2014

Stuart Binny confident about his selection for 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup

undefined
Stuart Binny is hopeful about being selected for the 2015 Cricket World Cup.
Having gained an extra yard of pace in his bowling, Karnataka all-rounder, Stuart Binny, is confident about finding a place in the final 15-member Indian squad for the upcoming 2015 Cricket World Cup, to be jointly co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand.
The all-rounder has had limited opportunities with the national squad. He has featured in just three Tests and six One Day internationals, ever since making his debut during the tour of New Zealand in Jan-Feb, 2014.
Three games into the 2014-15 Ranji season, Binny was happy with his bowling although he conceded that he could have done a lot more with the bat, having had starts in 3 of the 4 innings so far. The 30-year all-rounder was very impressive with the ball during the ongoing match against Railways, finishing with 2/18 from eight frugal overs.
"I have actually gone up on my pace in the last 8-10 months. After entering international cricket, I realised I need to step up on the pace. I worked a bit in the gym and the run up is harder than last year. The results are showing," said Binny, when asked about the extra pace he has gained recently.
"I have got a bit stronger in the legs. I was bowling consistent 125 kmph and I have added 3-4 kmph to that. The stronger legs have helped me run in harder than earlier," he said.
Binny has had starts with the bat and was a bit disappointed that he couldn't carry on to make a big score, his 77 against Tamil Nadu, proving to be an exception. "I am happy with the way I have batted (in the recent domestic matches) but pretty disappointed at not being able to convert starts. It doesn't help my case but my rhythm has been good," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment